Friday, May 23, 2008

Interview with The Score Magazine


Mercurial Rage are an electronically inclined outfit hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota who are part Depeche Mode, part New Order all filtered through the smooth intentions of Michael McDonald with a touch of Morrisseys emotional wanderings. They are also preparing to release their self-titled EP on June 7th.


Sharing a mutual love for all things right and proper in this world, bassist and all around good guy, Christopher Church decided to sit down and talk about the new EP, his influences and why he thinks Michael McDonald is a silver fox.


Involved in making music since he was a teenager, Chris was involved in more rock orientated bands prior to Mercurial Rage.


“I’ve been playing since I was 16. I started off writing lyrics, and making up songs for my friend’s punk band. He wanted me to start a new band with him and be the singer/front man, but I couldn’t sing on pitch to save my life. I got demoted to bass right then, and have been there ever since.”



Read the rest of the interview at The Score!

No comments: